One of my friends recently was having a rough time and posted on her FB that she missed her family. I guess someone then told her that "it's what she signed up for" and I have heard that many times, more times than I'd like. It's like since we are military wives we aren't allowed to miss our families....let me make something perfectly clear....
As a Military Wife I didn't sign up for anything, I married the man I love so that I could SUPPORT him, to be there for him when he needed to vent about work and how much it sucked or to celebrate with him when he gets promoted, gets an award, does an extra good job at work, etc. To send him care packages while he's deployed, to take care of our home and child while he is away. To make sure that our daughter doesn't forget who her Daddy is or that she doesn't forget how very much he loves and misses her! I "signed up" for this marriage because I LOVE my husband with every ounce of my being, and he just so happens to be a Soldier, one of the bravest, most honorable men in the world! And to marry a military man takes a STRONG woman if I do say so myself. BUT that doesn't mean that sometimes we don't have bad days (just like our Soldiers) and that we don't miss our families back home (just like our Soldiers) We have EVERY right in the world to vent and have a bad day and complain about it, just like every other person in this world. I "signed" up to STAND BY MY MAN and to be the Proud American that I am, the best way I know how, to be a loving wife and the best Mommy I can be. And I AM all of those things, So I think I and every other Military wife has the right to VENT every now and then....so to everyone that feels the need to be inconsiderate and flat out rude Fuck off and learn some respect! If it weren't for our men and what we do here at home while they are away then you wouldn't be Free to be you....so back the fuck off. If you've got nothing ENCOURAGING to say to these amazing women then don't say ANYTHING at all!!






LOVE it. So true!
ReplyDeleteHooah!Dev Hooah!!!!! completely agreed sometimes we have to break down to be able to push through the tough situations this crazy life throws at us!!! we are human we cant always be as tough as stone we all have our faults and not to mention we are women and emotional as fuck when our men our gone so when a military spouse is having a bad day uplift her spirit and help her see the light at the end of tunnel dont squash her spirit!!! cuz please believe that girl is much more of a women than you'll ever fucking be!
ReplyDeleteHooah is fuckin right!! lol. I LOVE this comment, I couldn't have said it better myself! =] =]
ReplyDeleteSo true Dev. When I talk to people about the military and their families and they say stuff like this I just want to punch them in the face!! Love you and I hope your day gets better! And as soon as I pop this kid out, just let me know who to fuck up and I am all up for it!!! =)
ReplyDeletethanks Rach! I'm glad you support us and know when people say stupid shit! lol. Love You too.
ReplyDelete